UK – update on the “Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) – Goods Movement Reference (GMR)”

All carriers entering or leaving the UK via a port must register with the GVMS to get their goods through customs. The ATA carnet number must be entered in the “Declaration Reference” field of the GVMS declaration.
GMR references are required for personal and commercial vehicles carrying Carnet goods both for travel to the UK and return from the UK.
For freight goods transported by a freight forwarder, the GMR must be obtained by the freight forwarder.
Holders transporting the goods themselves in personal or commercial vehicles can contact the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) to obtain the GMR reference via the following link.
Passenger cars and vans travelling to the UK via the Calais Euroshuttle must go to the freight terminal to have their carnet stamped, as French customs does not have the infrastructure to process the carnet at the passenger terminal (access to the freight terminal requires a GMR).”

Was this helpful?

0 / 0

Leave a Reply 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *